Caramel, the word itself is so tempting, Caramel syrup is the revolutionary invention of chefs, they have made world a better place to live. At least for foodies like myself. Caramel syrup has more uses than any other syrup could ever have.
The superlative quality of caramel literally goes with anything, from fruits to desserts this element has something for everything. It forms a duo and enhances the taste.
Caramel Versatile Qualites
- Caramel has a versatile range of uses in recipes. Pastry Chefs highly recommend the use of caramel for a healthy diet, to some extend this is purely healthy if homemade. Branded caramel syrups might have negative effects on health.
- It is not recommendable for diabetic folks; the high proportion of sugar can be alarming for patients with high diabetes. Children aged 1 to 6 must be under parent’s supervision for the amount of caramel syrup consumed by them!
- Caramel is harmful for teeth and its prolonged sticky matters on teeth can cause decay. Therefore children with milk teeth should not consume enormous amounts of caramel syrup.
Making Caramel Syrup
- Heat sugar and cup of water in a deep bottom saucepan.
- Place over average heat and cook, stirring intermittently till the sugar melts and starts to a boil.
- Endure cooking, clearing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush without stirring, until combination becomes golden tawny in color.
- ½ Cups Sugar
- ¼ Cups Water
- ⅓ Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Corn syrup, gives rich color
- 2 Tablespoons Butter for glossy effect and texture
Caramel Syrup Recipes
One can literally make endless recipes just with the help of caramel syrup. Caramel syrup is a must for every kitchen counter since it has many benefits. It comprises so many recipes, literally every dessert makes a great duo with the lovely caramel syrup.
There are so many recipes to go along with the caramel, however it is good to keep in mind that care should be taken of teeth since caramel is not good for teeth.The key to make good caramel is to not stir it at all. You can mix by tilting the pot. But do not disturb it until it develops color. You can stir once cooled.
It promotes the growth of bacteria if you do not brush your teeth after consumption.
- Caramel syrup Apple
- Caramel syrup Popcorn
- Candies made of caramel
- Cakes with caramel syrup
- Caramel-Almond Ice Cream Torte
- Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze
Caramel Syrup Soft Candies
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Total time 15 mins
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- optional: coarse sea salt, ½ teaspoon vanilla
Caramel Syrup Dip Apples
The simple steps to make caramel apple are:
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat
- Add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a caramel color.
- Gradually add whipping cream, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve immediately
Caramel Syrup Glazed Cakes
Caramel is widely used in the desserts to make them appetizing and mouth watering. If you want to enhance the taste of your favorite desserts than you should definitely make a caramel syrup at home. And then add it to several ingredients and make a new invention of your own.
Caramel syrup is known for the soft texture and the gummy flavor, why not add it to make caramel syrup glazed cakes.
- Serve these intense gooey chocolate cakes with caramel sauce and ice cream.You might have had the experience of eating molten lava cakes at the restaurants so this is your chance to get this straight in your kitchen and have a mouth watering cake at home.
- Caramel glazed cakes are very famous for its looks as well as the taste. Now you can make your own amazing caramel syrup glazed cakes just by pouring caramel on any cream cake.
- Note that glaze effect is made by the addition of the gelatin. Only add on this gelatin syrup to add a clear glazed affect!
How do you make caramel popcorn?
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Combine coffee sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook, until golden brown.
- Place the popcorn mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 250 degree.
- Place popcorn in a big bowl.
Place popcorn in two large dishes, and serve hot.
Calories in Starbucks Caramel Syrup
|Total Fat||0 g||Potassium||0 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||5 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||5 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||0 g|
Double Chocolate Pancakes
- In a small bowl, beat together the buttermilk, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg
s until smooth granulated sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, coffee powder and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in the chopped chocolate, cover for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with butter paper. Heat a large nonstick pan over average heat and brush with salted butter. Once the butter begins to shine, drop 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake onto the hot pan.
- Boil over heat till bubbles start to form, about 2 minutes.
- Cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put the pancakes one by one on the the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Salted caramel syrup can be used to serve; relish with confectioners’ sugar and fresh mint.
- Salted Caramel Syrup:
- Combine the sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Cook, without stirring or touching, until the sugar turns a deep amber color, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the warm cream and continue cooking until smooth and the mixture emulsifies, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and salt. Cover and keep warm.
These were all the recipes you can create with the caramel syrup, if you have other ideas do share them with us. And do comment your thoughts in the comment section below.